Monday, September 21, 2015

Candy Corn

You know Halloween is on its way when you go to the store and find candy corn. Candy corn is my favorite Halloween candy because it brings back memories of my childhood. I get nostalgic about candy corn. Yes, I know it is not good for me. I know that I need to lose weight and eating candy corn does not help me lose the weight. I can have candy corn only once a year, so I am going to enjoy it. I am also going to write poems about it.

I need to write a Kyrielle Sonnet this week and candy corn sounds like a good subject. All I have to do is decide on a 8 syllable line to us as a repeat like for the couplet. A Kyrielle Sonnet is a 14-line poem with 3 rhyming quatrain stanzas and a non-rhyming couplet. The fist line and the last line of the first stanza are repeated in the couplet while the last line of the first stanza is repeated as the last line in each of the quatrains. I will see what I can come up with by Friday.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9