Monday, April 27, 2015

Monday Motivation: Motivation and Meditation

I've heard rumors that meditation helps motivation. I'm about to find out if it does because after the stressful day I've had I'm ready to change something. Normally I meditate in the afternoon, but that is becoming impossible because of the music that reverberates through the walls of my apartment. When I first moved in the music didn't bother me, but lately it's become irritating. It could be that the guy next door plays the same damn songs over and over and over.


The music not only interferes with meditation, but it interferes with writing as well. I can't th ink while the that music is playing. I have missed three weeks of submitting a story to a challenge on writing.com. I have a chance to make up the three stories I've missed; however, in order to do that I must write a 2,500 to 5,000 word story this week, a 5,000 to 10,000 word story next week, and a 8,000 to 40,000 word story the following week. Since the music plays in the afternoon between 3:00 pm to 7:00 or 8:00 pm I will be doing most of my writing and meditating in the mornings or late evenings. The advantage to this is that I will have my afternoons free to do housework or go grocery shopping unless I go to a food bank (I have to go to those before noon.

Beginning on Tuesday I will do my meditation in the morning and pray I don't go to sleep while meditating. Perhaps I should change my bedtime from 9:30 to 10:30 pm, that way if I go to sleep while meditating it won't matter. Look for an update to this sometime later this week.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9