Sunday, January 11, 2015

Writing on a Rainy Afternoon in Las Vegas

A rainy Sunday
Clouds conceal desert blue sky
Asphalt  street shining

It is Sunday afternoon, the rain descends in gentle drops soaking the dry desert ground. It has rained all day without stopping. At least that is how it seems to me. I have trash to take to alley, but it is too wet to  walk there and back. I will wait until Monday morning to take the trash to the dumpsters in the alley.

A hot cup of  tea
warms my body calms my mind
sleepy afternoon

Hot black English tea on a rainy afternoon is a relaxing way to contemplate my next word. I have worries, but this is not the time to state them or focus on them. I glance at the time wondering if it  is time to take my afternoon medication. I took that pill about 6:30 pm yesterday, so I think I will wait until then to take it today.

I fill my pill box
medication schedule
for every weekday

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9