Sunday, January 04, 2015

Writing in 2015

It is four days into the New Year and I still have not established my 2015 goal-resolutions. I have thought about my goals for the last week, but I cannot seem to finalize a plan to accomplish them. I know that I want to attempt publication. I know that I want to edit one novel and finish another. I know that I want to write at least 2,000 words a day because I had difficulty last year accomplishing this on a daily basis.

I know that I have to sit down and finish writing the goals before the end of January. I keep getting distracted by other things that I need (or think I need) to do. I also get distracted by the cold, which cause my arthritis to flare up. It is aggravating when my finger joints start to ache or my knee goes out of joint when I attempt to get up out of a chair. These are test of my persistence.

I encounter other distraction as well. I worry too much or perhaps I should say I obsess too much because the way I do it, it cannot be described as worrying. When I write (most of the time) I can put these things in the background while I focus on a blog entry or writing a poem to a contest. When I finis writing then the worries come back. The things that help me focus are prayer, something interesting to write about, and wearing at least four layers of clothes to keep me warm.

I will post this and then I will make a list of the things I want to accomplish in 2015. A list of things to do this year may be as close as I get to making resolutions.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9