Thursday, May 01, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday: The First Thankful Thursday in May 2014

What am I thinking today? It is the first day of May 2014 and I am remembering a game I played as a child in Vacation Bible School. This game consisted in everyone dancing around a Maypole, which was a tall post or poll put in the ground with long crepe paper ribbons. Each child took a ribbon and we went around the Maypole winding the ribbon around it. I am not sure what the reason for it was except to give us something to do during recess or to teach us about the different customs across Europe.

What am I thinking today? It is the first Thankful Thursday in May and I am thinking about writing a poem of gratitude for all the blessings I have received this year. I have so many things to put in this poem. One of the things I want to put in the poem is my gratitude for the Revelation of Baha'u'llah.

Gratitude is an attitude
Prayer in action

What am I thinking about today? It is the Eleventh Day of Ridvan and I am thinking about renewal. The theme of the Twelve Days of Ridvan is renewal. It is spring and nature is in the process of renewal. It is Ridvan and my faith is being renewed. This is the time of celebration and renewal. I am grateful for the chance to renew my faith.

Labels: , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9