Friday, April 25, 2014

Second Thoughts Friday: Thoughts on Writing and Blog Themes

It is Friday, April 25, 2014, I am having second thoughts about composing an entry on today's blog theme. I have attempted for several years (I think I began in 2006 or 2007) to establish daily themes for both my blogs without much success. I used to think the problem stemmed from being a caregiver because between 2007 and 2012 I took care of my mother who suffered from Alzheimer's disease.

I do not think the stress of being a caregiver was the problem. My mother died on November 29, 2012 and we buried her in December of 2012. I spent thirteen months, between November of 2012 and December of 2013 in a fog, struggling to pay the electric and cable bill. I came out of the fog on January 1, 2014 and then in February of this year the house finally sold. I moved into a studio apartment in February. I'm still struggling to pay the cable and electric bill, but I can pay the rent.

This morning, I began to write on the theme of the day which was either Fragment Friday or Poetry Form Friday, and realized that I had nothing to say on either subject. I decided to make this Second Thoughts Friday because I could not think of anything else to write about. I am ready to give up the daily theme idea entirely, at least in its present form. What I think I will do is make a list of blog themes that I can use on a daily basis and pick a random theme for each day. I will give this a try for the rest of 2014 and see how that works for me.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9