Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday Matters: Sunset Thoughts

It is sunset in Las Vegas
and the well of my inspiration is running low.

I listen to the noises of the neighborhood,
to the voices of children playing,
to the voices of adults calling,
to the sound of the neighbor's dog baking,
and I wonder what these noises will inspire
once my well is running full again.

It is sunset in Las Vegas,
the blue sky is fading
and darkening
into night.

I wonder
as I listen to the city's noises
what will happen
before dawn breaks
and a new day begins.

It is sunset in Las Vegas,
the temperature is cooling
from the high seventies
to the middle seventies
and then to what?

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9