Monday, May 05, 2014

Monday Matters: Maybe I should title This post Weird Monday

This is the second post,  for this blog, I have composed today. I created a post early this morning and published it, at least I thought I published it at the time. However, when I got back on-line to create this post, I found out I saved it as a draft. I do not know how I manged to do that and I am not sure I want to know. Sometimes it is better to let sleeping dragons lie  and get on with the process of writing.

This is not the post I intended to compose today. This morning I received another phone call from a telemarketer about health insurance. The woman gave me the same poppycock that the last  woman who called from that telemarketer gave me about not trying to sell me anything. She was trying to sell me heath insurance, which I do not qualify to purchase.

I am 67 years old, living on Social Security, and participating in Medicare. Even if I did qualify for whatever type of insurance she was trying to sell me, I probably could not afford it  without going into starvation mode. I got belligerent because she refused to let  me have a word in edgewise and then proceeded to explain why I knew I was not qualified.

She apologized and said "We will take your name off the list." I doubt that my name will get off any health insurance list because that is not how telemarketers work. More then likely what will happen is that this group will sell my name to someone else attempting to sell health insurance. I admit that does sound a bit weird and somewhat paranoid, but this is weird Monday and, not matter what day it is, one cannot be too paranoid when it comes to telemarketers.

As soon as I use "We will take your name off the list" in a story or poem I will be back to my normal, cheerful, and unbelligerent self. In the meantime, have a happy Weird Monday.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9