Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tuesday Tasks: After no solid food for 48 hours

On Monday, March 17, I had a colonoscopy, which mean I had to stop eating solid food Saturday afternoon and go to clear liquids. Fortunately, coffee without cream or sugar or anything else added is considered a clear liquid. Anyway, as I was saying, I could not have solid food for 48 hours, so today I am remaining home to build up my strength so that I can go back to the gym on Wednesday.

I know, from past experiences, that if I go to the gym without eating several meals that I will get too tired to do anything after returning home. Therefore, today's tasks include eating several well-balanced meals. Well, as well-balanced as I can prepare under the circumstances. Between eating, I will attempt to catch up on the writing I did not complete yesterday because I spent form 12:30 to 4:30 pm in outpatient surgery. After I returned home, I did not want to do much of anything except eat and rest. I think between sleeping through the colonoscopy, in the recovery room, and then again at home I may have gotten too much rest.

Right now, I am not feeling too well. Maybe peanut butter sandwiches was not a good breakfast choice; especially since my body was looking forward to a spinach omelet. Another reason I may not be feeling good is that I need to drink more water instead of the rest of the coffee. I am glad I decided to stay home today because of the way I feel, maybe my body just needs to recover from the colonoscopy before I do too much exercise. I finish some writing projects and do light housework today.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9