Tuesday, June 18, 2013

What do you do with an old and unused cell phone?

My old cell phone, with its charging cord, still lays on the stand next to the surge protector I used to recharge it the phone. The phone is of no use to me. It just lays on the stand its dark screen facing the ceiling. I almost said staring at the ceiling, but the phone is an inanimate, nonliving item. It is a product of modern civilization and not a living creature.

I do not like the idea of throwing the phone away. I do not think it is a good idea for the phone, its battery, and charging cord to go into a landfill. I think that would eventually make the pollution problem worse then it is now, but I do not know what else to do with the phone.

I can write a story or poem about the phone, but that does not help me dispose of the thing. I do not need the phone to help me write about it because it is just an ordinary cell phone. It is an inanimate object without any feelings; all though, I could give it feelings in a story. Even if I write a story about it, I still need to find a way to dispose of it. What do I do with an old and unused cell phone?

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9