Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Weary Wednesday: Page(s) Unresponsive


Just the thought of everything I have to do, have to write makes me tired. The computer’s snail pace wears me out as I wait for a response. Then the message “Page(s) Unresponsive” appears giving me the choice of “kill” page or “wait”. I inhale. I exhale. I breathe in. I breathe out. Then I click the “wait”.

I will wait, but I will wait on my term. I get up and go into the breakfast room. I check the coffee carafe and find it about half full. I find a coffee mug and fill it with cold coffee. Then I take the mug into the kitchen and put it in the microwave. I set the timer at 1.25 minutes. Then I walk back into the living room, to the computer and see that the page is still unresponsive.

The microwave’s timer goes off, so I return to the kitchen. I take the mug out of the microwave and take a sip of hot coffee. Then I return to the computer and find the page is now responsive. I set my coffee mug down and stare at the screen. I know I accessed the website for a reason, unfortunately, during the wait time the reason slipped my mind. Wearily I shake my head.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9