Saturday, April 07, 2012

Another technology is wonder when it works entry


My virus scan is set to run at 11:36 PM, usually put the computer into hibernation and I go to bed before that. However, for the past couple of nights I have been going to bed later then usual. The virus scan has begun to run, but the computer has automatically gone into hibernation before the scan completed.

As a result, the scan continued after I turned the computer on the next morning. I checked the scan report the next day and it reveal that it took virus scan 9 hours to run. I’m not very happy about that. Tonight, I’m going to say up and see why the program is doing this. I just updated that program from the 2011 to the 2012 version.

Because the scan takes so long to run it cuts into my morning computer time. It’s difficult enough to get anything done online when my computer is normally slow. The CPU slows down even more when I attempt to work while the virus detection program is running.

I’m considering contacting my internet provider and see if I can subscribe to their virus detection program. It can’t add too much more to the monthly bill. The more I think about that option the better it looks.

Labels:

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9