Monday, December 19, 2011

Winter in Las Vegas

Snow in the mountains
In the city bright sunshine
In the air a chill

Today the sun is shining. Clouds and rain on Saturday and Sunday. On Mount Charleston snow. It is winter in Las Vegas. Outside the temperature is either pleasant or chilly depending on who you talk to. When I go outside, I wear a ski jacket and a long sleeve blouse or sweater, which prepares me the temperature. If it is too warm for the ski jacket then I can leave it in the car and the sweater will keep my arms warm.

It is winter in Las Vegas, so I write cold weather haiku. When summer comes, I will write hot weather haiku. My favorite seasons in Nevada are spring and fall because the weather is neither too hot nor too cold. If I have a choice I prefer the hot weather because it is easier to keep cool then it is to keep warm.

Labels: , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9