Sunday, December 18, 2011

A daily poetry contest

There is a daily poetry contest on writing.com called “A Poem a Day”. Each week prompts are posted for six days, while one day there are no prompts. The challenge for the participants is to write a poem about at least one of the prompts. One of the prompts is a poetry form.

The forms for this week are (1) Triolet, (2) Monotetra, (3) Balassi Stanza, (4) Le Sizain Hétérométrique, and (5) Candlelight Poem. The forms are challenging enough to push the poet and short enough to finish the poem in a single day. I want to attempt to enter the contest every day. This is the third or fourth week I have attempted this challenge. Even though the poems are short, sometimes it is difficult to write a poem every day.

The poems I write for the contest I post in my writing.com portfolio under Contest Submissions. The poem I wrote for today is a Triolet titled “A Cloudy Sunday Morning”. It rained in Las Vegas last night and early this morning. When I woke up, I washed some bed linen with the intention of hanging the sheets on the line; I had to change my plans. This was the inspiration for the poem.

Labels: , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9