Monday, November 28, 2011

On Cyber Monday, I did laundry

It is cyber Monday. According to the news most people are shopping online. I am not among the “most people” shopping online. Instead of shopping, I enjoyed doing laundry at home.

On Cyber Monday
My washing machine laughs sings
The day is cloudy

A plumber finally came and put a sleeve on the drainpipe behind my washing machine, so now I can do laundry at home. Washing cloths at home, after several months of going to the laundromat, is invigorating. I can do laundry every day if I want.

Even though it is cloudy in Las Vegas, I hung my clothes outside. I do not have a choice because the only dryer I have is a clothesline. If I were going to buy anything online today, it would buy a dryer. True, hanging clothes outside is not physically exhausting, but these short autumn days prevent me from doing more then one or two small loads at a time.

On Cyber Monday
The neighbor’s sits under
My Clothesline watching

I looked out my kitchen window and saw one of the neighborhood cats sitting under my drying clothes. He sat there for a long time watching my clothes dry. I still have to bring the clothes in, so I will close this and see if they are dry. I need an electric clothes dryer.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9