Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Good Thanksgiving Day

Oak trees golden leaves
Reflecting the morning sun
Dancing in the breeze

There was no wind today, just a slight breeze. The sky was partly cloudy, so we had sunshine sometimes during the day. The neighbor’s oak has turned completely gold and I expect the leaves to fall any time.

It was a nice Thanksgiving Day, not too cold or too warm. Mom and I had a traditional Thanksgiving meal with some mashed potatoes and dressing left over. I took a small steak out of the freezer and plan to fix it with the leftover dressing on Black Friday.

I do not plan to go shopping tomorrow because Mom is home for the rest of the week. Besides, I do not shop on Black Friday or any other time there are crowded stores. I feel rushed in a crowd and I do not like to shop when I am rushed.

I will do a little laundry tomorrow. I will also do some writing and maybe watch television with my mother. Mom was in a good mood today and singing Jingle Bells. It was a good Thanksgiving Day. I am looking forward to a good Black Friday at home.

I hope Mom is in a good mood tomorrow, but with an Alzheimer’s patient, you never know. I take each day as it comes and hope that tomorrow will be better then today.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9