Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Laundry and Writing

Last week a plumber finally fixed the pipes behind the washer. He put a sleeve on the drainpipe to keep it from overflowing. I have washed five or six loads of laundry since. If I am careful, I can write and do laundry at the same time.

I have to watch the cycles so that I can put the fabric softener in during the rinse cycle. It just dawned on me that I may be able to put the fabric softener in the container at the beginning of the wash cycle. I will have to find the manual for the washing machine and read the directions. It has been so long since I could use the washing machine at home that I have forgotten when I put the fabric softener in the washer.

Getting up from the computer and going into the kitchen (that is where my washing machine is located) is a good way to get exercise. It also helps in writing because it helps my creativity and keeps me from being stuck in one place in a story.

The one disadvantage about doing laundry at home is hanging the cloths on the line. I do not have a dryer, so I have to hang my cloths outside. In fall and winter, this means I have to get the cloths washed in the morning so that they have the rest of the day to dry. Oh well, no situation is perfect and imperfection helps creativity and produces ideas for poems and stories.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9