Saturday, November 26, 2011

I am thankful I did not go shopping on Black Friday

At first, I thought remaining home on Black Friday was a disadvantage. However, after watching the news this morning I realize it was a safety measure. I do not plan to shop on Black Friday in 2012 because it can only get more dangerous.

Between pepper spray incidences, someone getting shot during a Black Friday robbery and crowds pushing and shoving for bargains it is dangerous to life and limb. Today, I am thankful I did not go shopping on Black Friday. I can think of many things I would rather do then get hurt or going to the hospital because I am hunting for a bargain.

All of these incidents are good starts for stories or poems. I can write a short story about the dangers of shopping on Black Friday without going into the crowd. I have gone to stores in previous years on the Friday after Thanksgiving, so I can use those descriptions to enhance the story.

Black Friday dangers
Increase as the years go by
Stay home in safety

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9