Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday in Las Vegas

I am thankful that the weather has been nice in Las Vegas. It is cool enough to have the cold air off and cool enough to for the heat to remain off. The technician came last week and checked the heat to make sure it worked. I turned the heat on one day because Mom got cold. The heat is still on, but I have the thermostat set at about 73 or 74 degrees during the day and 69 degrees at night. The heat has not come on, which is good because it will make the power bill lower this month.

I still have to wash the winter blankets and I may do that next week. I think I will take the blankets to the laundromat on either Wednesday or Friday. I have decided that the best way for me to do laundry is set aside three days a week to go to the laundromat. It takes about two or three hours to wash and dry three baskets of cloths. Since I cannot physically handle more then three baskets at once, that is all I do.

While I would be much more thankful if I could do laundry at home, I am thankful that I can go to the laundromat. There are a couple of reasons for enjoying time at the laundromat. I can watch the other people and I get ideas for poems while I am waiting for my cloths to wash or dry. I am thankful for the poems that have resulted from spending time at the laundromat.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9