Sunday, April 10, 2011

Writing Types: Working with poetry forms

Some poetry forms are hard and some are easy. When working with a specific form, I find that going with my first thoughts is best. Sometimes I push the first idea aside and attempt to think of another, but that does not work. If I push the first idea aside then I put off writing the poem because I am waiting for a “better” idea.

This is week 14 of the Poetic Exploration challenge on writing.com. The challenge begins on Sunday, the day we receive the form of the week in our e-mail boxes, and ends on Saturday. The poem can be posted any time the week. Tyburn is the form we are working with this week.

Tyburn is a six-line poem with a syllable count of 2, 2, 2, 2, 9, 9 per line. The first four lines contain descriptive rhyming words. The final two line rhyme, with the words of the first, second, third, and fourth lines used in the fifth through eighth syllables. This is not an easy form to use because of the rhyme scheme and syllable count. The title of my Tyburn poem is “Chocolate Easter Bunny”. I posted the poem in my port in the book “Writing In Snow”. Visit My Portfolio @ Writing.Com

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9