Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thoughts on a Windy afternoon in Las Vegas

The wind is blowing. Charcoal gray clouds hide the blue sky and the evening sun. The wind chill factor gives me the shivers. My patio, covered by a thin out door carpet, is wet. It did not rain today. The patio dampness on the patio is the results of letting cloths drip dry out there.

I need to clean my patio off. I need to take up the carpet that is covering the cement. Perhaps I will do that this year. That carpet covered the patio when we moved in several years ago, so it needs replacing. I am not sure that I want to replace it. I am considering removing the carpet and painting the cement. I am also considering removing the carpet and leaving the cement unpainted.

In spring, I like sitting on the patio and writing poetry. It does not matter whether the cement is painted, unpainted, or covered by an outdoor carpet. Writing poetry does not require any special place, I can write it anywhere the mood strikes me. The look of the patio floor will not make much difference to the composition of a poem because word choice is important and nothing else.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9