Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving is Thursday I turned the heat on early

Thanksgiving is Thursday, November 25, and I turned the heat on in our house today. The weather in Las Vegas is chilly bordering on cold with intermittent winds. The outside temperature this morning was 45 degrees and the inside (in my house) got down to 60 degrees; time to turn the heat on.

I set the heat at 63 degrees, which is still a bit chilly. I cannot set it any higher because the power bill gets outrageous and that is a nice way of putting it. I just got the last power bill completely paid. I do not know what the power bill is going to be like because the power company reads the meter November 29.

I had to turn the heat on this morning because I could not stand it any more. It gets cold sitting at a computer typing a story. When I cannot concentrate on the story or poem I am composing because of the cold, then it is time to turn the heat on.

The central air sings
A warm melody scatters
Autumn’s morning chill

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9