Friday, September 03, 2010

Attempting to work a 40-hour week

I am attempting to work a 40-hour week. This would be easy if I worked outside the house; however, I work from home so a 40-hour workweek is a bit more difficult. I am my mother's caregiver, which means interruptions are part of the environment. My office, with my computer is in the living room as well as, the T.V.

I know I can work a 40-hour week; I just have to figure out a schedule. Today, I sit up the time sheet and then figured that I worked about 29 hours this week. Since today is Friday, I doubt I will make the 40-hour goal this week. The most I will work is 35 hours, but that is all right because I learned something that I can implement into next week's schedule.

I am no longer answering my landline because it takes too much time. The landline phone is in the breakfast room, so it takes time to get to the phone. The voice mail picks up after four rings so sometimes I do not get to the phone in time to answer. Answering the phone is not the main issue, but I have control over it.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9