Thursday, September 02, 2010

I cannot resist answering the telephone

I am a writer. I work at home. I have both a cell phone and a landline. I cannot resist answering the telephones when they ring. Therefore, I have to start unplugging and turning off the phones when I am working. I do not have to answer the phones because both of them have voice mail.

The only phone I have to turn off is the landline because that phone does not have caller ID. When my cell phone rings, I can look at the phone number to see if I need to answer. Since I am my mother's caregiver, I have enough interruptions when I am working without answering nonessential phone calls.

In the last two days, I have answered ten calls. Only three of those ten calls were important and two of those calls came to my cell phone. The other calls concerned politics or someone attempting to sell me something. My Grandmother taught me to answer the telephone whenever it ring, but I cannot do that any more. If I want to get any work accomplished, I am going to have to learn not to answer the phone.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9