Saturday, August 29, 2009

Thoughts on waiting in line

This morning I picked up a couple of food boxes I order at the beginning of the month. Naturally there was a line and I wasn't first. I've waited in lines all my life and I've never been first in line for anything. Probably just as well, I suspect those who are first in line have waited all night or gotten up before dawn to get into the line.

If I wait all night to get in line, then I have to sleep in my car with the doors locked and no bathroom near. Therefore, there isn't any reason to wait in line all night for anything. I do get up before dawn, but I have prayers to say and coffee to brew. I'm not giving up either just to wait in line. I do have my priorities and waiting in line isn't one of them.

I don't mind waiting if I have someone to talk to, a book to read or journal for writing. Today I had someone to talk to, so the time passed quickly. When I returned home, we fixed fried sweet potatoes and stake. I haven't had fried sweet potatoes before, they were good.

Sweet potatoes fried
in an electric skillet
good to the last one.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9