Thursday, July 02, 2009

Discovery Long Afterward

Daily writing practice prompt for Tuesday, June 30, 2009 was "Long afterward, I came upon it again..." (after Colette)

"Long afterward, I came upon it again..."

I opened a drawer and discovered the piece of silk I bought at a garage sale or a yard sale. I still have not did anything with the silk, except put it in another drawer and forget where I put it. Now I am going to have the joy of discovering it again.

The joy of discovery is what life is all about. We spend half our life pursuing a goal and then during midlife we discover that we wanted something else. We get whatever we were pursuing only to find out that we wanted something else instead. The results is a midlife crises because we discover that we were pursuing the wrong goal.

Now that I have written random thoughts on the joy of discovery and its relation to a midlife crises... I need to figure out where I put the piece of silk and decided what to do with it.

Labels:

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9