Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Panicking Gets a Writer Nowhere

Panicking gets a writer nowhere, actually as the cliché goes "It gets you nowhere fast." I panicked last night, I thought the central air unit was not working. The temperature got up to 90 degrees and the unit did not appear to cool the house down. I called the company we use for air conditioner problems and turned the air off.

The air appears to work now, anyway it is cooling the house down. Of course, the air has not gone off since I turned it back on. I think that is because it has not reached the preset temperature. The repair person is not coming out today, so if there is a problem we will have to wait until tomorrow to get it fixed.

Yesterday, was the hottest day of the year (so far) in Las Vegas. I can tell right now that our power bill is going to be high this summer. I am not sure how much electricity we can stop using to help keep the bill down. We no longer have a working dryer, so we are hanging the cloths outside to dry. We are washing only two loads a day and we are not using the dishwasher. We may not use the dishwasher this summer. We are moving from the old fashion light bulbs to the long lasting bulbs.

I may end up getting another area fan and turn the thermostat up a little higher. However, since I work on line and write I need to have the computer on during the day. Turning the thermostat up higher will not help the computer. I am not sure what my mother and I will do this summer, but we are going to have to figure out a way to keep the power bill within affordable range.

I am just going to have to stop panicking when something appears to go wrong with the air. I think I will get another area fan. My mother and I are senior citizens, she is 88 and I am 62, there must be some type of help with the power bill or in weatherizing the house.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9