Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Can a white hole exist in the universe?

I just encountered this item recently while reading one of the responses to my leading journal entry in Follow the Leader Journal contest on writing.com. Naturally, I had to do an Internet search to find out about this phenomena. Anyway, white holes have something to do with the theory of General Relativity, which is a mathematics-based theory.

In mathematics, white holes appear in the space-time equation around black holes when the mass of the star, which created the black hole is left out. At least, that is how I understand the explanation give at What is a white hole?.

My concern now is not whether a white hole exists in the real universe. My concern is how do I use a white hole in my writing? Is a white hole something I can put in a short story or a poem? This is something I am going to have to consider in my meditation. After all, what use is knowledge if you cannot use it?

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9