Thursday, September 25, 2008

Appling the 80/20 Rule

On the evening of September 26, I set another group of 19-day writing goals. It isn't that each set of goal are extremely different from the ones I set this 19 days. In the next, 19-day period I'm attempting to apply the 80/20 rule.

I'm putting the most important goals at the top of the list. When I work on a to do list of my goals, I work from the top down rather then using an A, B, C priority designation. This means that I have to put the most important goal activities at the top of my list or I put them off.

This next 19-day period, I've placed the October issue of the writing.com fantasy newsletter I help edit at the top of the list. I've been putting it at the bottom and consequentially I don't get to it until the last minute. After that comes the blogs I'm attempting to earn money from and then the other writing projects. I'm not going to reevaluate this method of goals setting until October 15, which is the end of the upcoming goal setting period.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9