Friday, September 19, 2008

Writing about my Grandparents

I found a professional photo of Grandma and Grandpa Newland. The photo was taken in Blackwell, Oklahoma, but I don't remember when it was taken or who took it. When photos like this are done, a person seldom writes down the year or the photographer who took them. Now I wish I had.

I wrote a tribute today in my writing.com blog Snow Melt. It was a response to a leading journal entry by another member. I'm considering writing a larger tribute to Grandma and Grandpa Newland. So the blog entry is a good start to that project.

I can think of other things now, that I didn't put in the blog entry. My grandparents encouraged me when I was growing up. They made sure we had a spiritual education while my mother worked. Grandpa was my father figure after my parents divorced. They were always there for me when I was growing up. They took care of us when Mom worked at night. I'm not sure I can write a fitting tribute to them, but I have to attempt the project.






Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9