Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Writing about a Slide Rule

I have a slide rule in its case. This was something I picked up at a yard

sale several years ago for $1.00. Originally, it was an expensive slide rule, not the most expensive, but it cost over $30.00.

I bought it on a whim, I do this sometimes when I go to yard sales. I see something, which I have absolutely no use for, but my intuition says buy. If it isn't too expensive, I'll buy it. I bought it for $1.00.

I took it too the Antique Road Show the last time they were in Las Vegas and had it appraised. It's worth about $65.00. I'd sell it for that, if I could find someone to buy it. Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere to sell it. Since I can't seem to sell it, I'll use it as a muse. I'm going to set it on my night stand and attempt to write a poem about it, when I can't sleep and don't want to get online.

I wonder what this slide rule would say it it could talk. That would make a good point of view in a poem or even a short story. I've written poems from the point of view of an inanimate object, but never a short story or piece of flash fiction.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9