Sunday, April 06, 2008

Comforting News for Someone with Arachnophobia

Jamál (Beauty), 17 Baha (Splendor), 165 B.E. – Sunday, April 6, 2008 about 9:19 AM PDT

I have arachnophobia and I get my news off the internet. This means that I encounter a lot of stories that I would not get from the local news. This head line attracted my attention immediately: Doctors downplay spider bite death.

A 63 year old woman in Missouri was bitten by a brown recluse spider about a month ago and died on Monday. Since the bite doctors were treating her for the symptoms. Apparently this is how the have to treat the bites of these spiders. Anyway biologist say there is no danger to the public.

This story attracted my attention immedietely for three reasons. First, I have arachnophobia (fear of spiders). Second, I am 61 going on 62. Third, I have to clean out my garage this spring.

I know spiders are in the garage because I have seen the webs. Not that brown recluse spiders weave webs, I do not think they do because the hide in dark places. However, if web weavers are in the garage then other spiders are in the garage as well.

I am going to be extra careful about cleaning stuff out of the garage, but that does help my fear of the eight-legged creatures. In addition, my imagination will work overtime now when it comes to spiders. You see I have had a spider crawl on me and remember what they feel like.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9