Sunday, March 02, 2008

Time to Recharge my Spiritual Batteries

Jamál (Beauty), 1 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 164 B.E. – Sunday, March 2, 2008 about 7:38 AM PST

It is time to recharge my spiritual batteries. Today, March 2, the first day of ‘Alá the nineteen-day Fast begins. It is a time of abstaining from food and drink between sunup and sundown. Fasting is an ancient custom practiced in many religions. The physical fast is symbolic of the spiritual fast, which is to abstain from anything that draws the individual away from God.

Fasting is a time of prayer, meditation and reflection. ‘Alá ends the year, on March 21 a New Year begins. During ‘Alá I will look at the past year and the things, which have drawn me away from God. 164 B.E. was very stressful, so I will look at the reason for this and find ways to make 165 B.E. less stressful. I will look at the things which have drawn me away from God and find ways to make the reconnection.

One thing I am going to do before March 21 is complete rewriting my personal mission statement. This will help me focus on what is necessary for the coming year. Included in my mission statement are spiritual, material and physical goals. The reason for this is that I am a dual natured creature; I have both a spirit and a body so my mission statement must cover every aspect of my life. If the mission statement does not cover these aspects, it is not complete.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9