Friday, February 24, 2006

The Coming of Spring

The end of winter approaches,
nature foretells a new year
through the appearance of leaf buds
pastel green harbingers of spring.

When the sun crosses the vernal equinox
winter dies and spring is born,
and I feel the presence of the Beloved
in the morning air and the rising sun.

Beloved, I look for your approach
when the sun crosses the equinox,
I listen for the nightingale’s song
and wait for you at dawn.

The end of winter approaches,
I cannot sleep,
anticipating the sound of your voice
calling to me from afar.

The birds of winter flutter
call out and gather material
for their new nests
anticipating spring’s blessings.

Beloved, all year round
you are within prayer distance
but it is spring
when I feel your presence most.
(18 Mulk 162 B.E.)
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9