Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Forgetting Myself

Forgetting Myself

In your love I forgot myself today,
forgot to worry over what was or was not said,
forgot to obsess over what I did or did not do,
I forgot myself and everything else in remembering you.

I read your scripture and remembered why,
you were sent into the world:
Humanity is not alone any more than I,
but in remembering self becomes forgetful of you.

I intoned you name and forgot myself
I remember you and love humanity,
in your sacred scriptures I see unity
all your names and attribute in a singularity.

I forgot myself today and I remembered you
I was no longer alone
and it did not matter that I was by myself
because I remembered you.

The lesson that I learned today
is that you are always near
you are always waiting for me to remember
if I forget you then there is nothing else.

I remembered you today
and in so doing I gain everything
that makes life worth living
and defines your love.
(2 Mulk 162 B.E.)
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9