Monday, December 12, 2005

Writing Mystic Poetry

I have been thinking about the way I write mystic poetry. I have discovered several things I must do in order to write this type of poetry. First, I must say the Greatest Name 95 Times each day. Second, I must say one of the Obligatory prayers each day. Third, I must read the Scriptures every day. Fourth, I need to read the poetry of other mystic poets.

Reading the poems and looking at the lives of other mystic poet inspires. When I read the poems of mystic poets I can feel the sacred spirit of the poem. Even if the poem is a translation I can feel the emotion of the poem. Some time in reading translations of mystic poem the emotion is distant, like a echo fading, but the emotion is still there.

I think I will start a series on the mystic poets I have read. Research their live and write about them. Most of my inspiration comes from female mystic poet, but not all there are a few male mystic poets I like to read and who inspire me. Writing about a mystic poet once every nine or nineteen days appears a good idea. There may be a longer space between the articles than that, because I am working on other things as well.
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 1 Comments

  • 1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think a book about mystic poets would be excellent. I write mystic poetry as well and would love to have a source book of various poets and samples of their poetry. When you finish it let me know.

    RavenWolf


    jendaver@telus.net

    10:18 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9