Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Faithbook - A Poem Prayer

Father, Creator, Beloved
Assist me to proclaim your love in both word and deed;
In these pages help me to place
The words and pictures that reveal
How I feel about the blessings of your gifts.
Beloved, thank you for the beauty of these pictures and these words
One and all they show the levels of my desire to tell the world about you;
Once I have found the words help to put them down
Know I love you and want to proclaim your love and blessing to the world.

That is the poem right now. I might rewrite it later, I don't know. What I am attempting to do is write a poem to go the inside cover of my faithbook. I'll have to do a little more research on types of faithbooks. There are several different types. This is not a new concept, in the middle ages there were similar books, they were call Books of Hours. A book of hours contains prayers and what time of day they are said. I did some research some time a go on this subject, but since I didn't write it down I've forgotten what I discovered. That's what happens when you don't write stuff down, always take notes when researching.
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9