Saturday, October 29, 2005

Feast for My Eyes

Every morning I see your beauty rise,
Behind the snow capped peaks of love,
Revealing to my spirit's hungry eyes,
A new orchard in paradise.

I intone your Most Great Name,
As I consume the words of your new fruits,
Remembering my long and painful search
Before I found the splendor of your rising light.

Word by word I break my long night's fast,
With the prayers inscribed
By the Pen of Glory
Upon the parchment of my soul.

Each day I walk through the garden,
Planted by the hands of your lovers,
Intoning my gratitude
For the appearance of your husbandmen.

Each day I consume the fruits of faith and love,
From the boughs of the Tree of Life,
Its healing leaves are brewed to make
The coffee and the tea I drink.

Beloved, thank you for this new day,
For the feast my eyes behold,
For the wealth that you have granted,
To this poor and starving soul.

Thank you for the garden and the fruits,
That give me sustenance through the day,
As a toil to achieve your will for me,
Beloved, thank feast that my eyes behold.
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9