Monday, December 14, 2015

Monday a Sad Day: Thoughts on blue Monday

Monday a sad day
when everything looks dark:
blue Monday morning.

Sometimes Mondays are joyful. Sometimes Mondays are sorrowful. Sometimes I don't want to get out of bed. Sometimes I can't wait to get up and enjoy the day. This time of year it's a struggle to look on the bright side because deep dark shadows get in the way. It's these times I have to focus on, prayer, meditation, and the scriptures. Without faith I would be a basket case (sorry about the cliché).

Writing, meditation, faith, and reading the scriptures keeps me focused on the positive aspects of the world. These four things also helps pull me out of the shadow of depression. This time of year depression is more of a threat then any other season. It could be because of the short days. It could be that some of my holiday memories are unhappy ones. It could be almost anything, including loneliness.

There are some weeks when the blues (I think I would rather use brown study) shows up on Sunday evening and last all the way to Tuesday morning. This week it showed up in the evening before I was ready to go to bed. I have to fight this darkness or it will get deeper and deeper. Prayers and scripture readings are lights that shine in the darkness. They scatter the darkness before it can get deeper. Writing my thought also helps me overcome depression.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9