Monday, April 06, 2015

Monday Motivation: Sunny Wind

Is there anything more motivating then a sunny spring afternoon? The wind is blowing and the neighborhood children are waling home form school. At least, I think their walking home from school because they are making happy noises and conversation as they walk past my open door. The wind is blowing making life miserable for people with allergies. Today I have encountered two people wearing dust mask, which is something I do not often see here in Las Vegas.

The wind speed is 21 mph with gust up to 28 mph. It is scattering litter up and down Sunrise Avenue. The boughs on the pine tree are waving at the palm frowns which are waving back at the pine trees. The neighborhood children do no seem to notice the wind, but then kids have a way of ignoring things that do not enhance their play experience. The birds are not ignoring the wind. I have watch a couple of them have problems flying because the wind is disrupting their flight path. The cause of that may be the apartment buildings along the street. There are several two story apartment complexes along Sunrise which may be cause the issue with the birds taking off and landing.

I have not seen any pigeons this afternoon. Usually their are pigeons scavenging along the curb. They could be in the alley or they could be in their nests. I heard bird noises coming from the pine tree across the street. I think they sounded like baby birds, but I could not say for sure. I know the bird sounds resembled those of song birds and not pigeons. The wind does not seem to be bothering the humans much, but it is bothering the birds.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9