Saturday, December 20, 2014

Four Days Until My Birthday

In four days, on December 24 at eleven minutes before midnight, I will turn 68 years young. This is my third birthday without my mother. I plan to remain home on December 24 because I do not like to drive in holiday traffic and deal with last minute Christmas shoppers. However, if my sister is still in Sunrise hospital on that  day I will change my plans and go to visit her.

This is the saddest time of the year,
With everyone wishing Christmas cheer,
By cussing you out because you took
The last parking place in the mall parking lot.

All right, that poem needs a little work. I am not in the mood to write parodies tonight. I am feeling sad. I am feeling lonely. I am in the Bah Humbug mood because it is December and the New Year of 2015 is approaching. I have not accomplished all the goals I set for 2014 and I am not looking forward to reevaluating my goals for a New Year.

winter wind blowing
scattering sadness and cold
I'm looking forward to spring


Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9