Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday Matters: Monday Morning in Las Vegas

I woke up, set up on the love seat, checked the time on my cellphone (2:50 am), pulled my security blanket over my head, recited my morning prayer, and mediated. I got off the love seat at 3:25, took my thyroid medication, brewed a fresh carafe of coffee, and turned off the alarm on my cellphone at 4:00. I then turned on the computer, opened Google and found that today is the fortieth anniversary  of the Rubik's Cube. After that I logged into writing.com to check the e-mail and respond to whatever needed a response. I then checked my Facebook account and updated my status for today.

As I set here, sipping a cup of iced coffee, my mind goes back to the first Rubik's Cube I got. I received this toy sometime between 1974 (when it was invented) and 1980 (when it was named toy of the year). I enjoyed playing with it in my spare time because it kept my hands and mind busy, something I have to do otherwise I fantasize. I do not know what happened to my Rubik's Cube, it got lost in one of my many moves. It could still be somewhere in Oklahoma waiting for me or someone else to find and play with it.

Maybe my Rubik's Cube is on the Island of Lost Toys patiently or impatiently waiting for someone to find it. That would make a good plot for a short story. I think a good title would be Where in the Word is My Rubik's Cube? Next time I go to the mall, I need to stop at a toy or game store and see if I can find a Rubik's Cube.



Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9