Friday, April 04, 2014

Fragment Friday: Spring Fever and Scattered Thoughts

I am still suffering from the bout of spring fever I caught on Tuesday. I recovered from it a little bit yesterday after I paid the rent and went to the gym, but it is back with a vengeance today. The cloud cover seems to have made matters worse and me more depressed.

This afternoon my thoughts are scattered, roaming over several different subjects with no focus. I listen to the noise of happy children or young people playing outside.  I remember my youth when I did not have a care in the world. I remember days of joy when I played and laughed with my friends and siblings. It seems like only yesterday when I played chase or hide-and-seek, but it was decades ago and states away. I smile wistfully remembering those happy carefree days.

I am still suffering from spring fever, my thoughts are scattered, and unfocused. I should have gone to the gym or to the laundromat today, but their is no use shoulding on myself this late in the afternoon. The sun is sitting and I have no desire to go to the laundromat when I know I will return home after dark. I will go on Sunday morning.

Friday afternoon
a cloudy day in Vegas
dreaming of childhood

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9