Sunday, November 03, 2013

NaNoWriMo Day 3: A Good Start to National Novel Writing Month

It's day three of NaNoWriMo and I have written 3,606 words, which is 7% of the 50,000 word total. Today I have at least 1,667 more words to write on the third chapter (day) of Midnight in Suburbia. I call each day's writing effort a chapter because it helps me focus on what comes next. I suspect that the first two chapters I've written would be better in on chapter, but I don't have to worry about that until December when I start editing the document.

fifty thousand words
written one-day-at-a-time
the focus is clear

I've had a good start to the month even though I started each day off slowly. It's winter and I don't like to start before sunrise. This means I have to get up, turn the alarm off, turn the computer on (I have to get the virus check over before I start working), take my medication, and snuggle under a blanket for a little bit while say prayers and meditate. Then I get up, warm some coffee up in the microwave, put a fresh carafe to brew (writing 1,667 words a day require fuel), start the washing machine or dry last night's laundry, and get to work.

Writing.Com is the premier online community for readers and writers of all interests and skill levels. Whether you are a casual reader searching for a good story or an enthusiastic writer looking for the perfect place to display your masterpieces, Writing.Com is the website for you!
--- Click Here! ---

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9