Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I am Reading One Day My Soul Just Opened Up by Iyanla Vanzant

I was going through some trunks on Sunday, October 13, and I found my copy of One Day My Soul Just Opened Up by Iyanla Vanzant. The copyright in the book is 1998, so I must have purchased it in either 1998 or 1999. I remember I began reading the book, but for some reason I stopped reading it and put it in a trunk with several of my pen and paper journals.

After leafing through the book, I decided to begin reading it and doing the exercises. I started reading it on Monday and I began Exercise 1 Honor the Divine with ... TRUTH this morning. If I can manage one exercise a day I will complete the book on November 24. In order to do this I have to schedule 30 minutes each day, which is 20 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes in the evening.

Each exercise contains a two or three pages to write responses to questions. Since I did not write answers to those questions in the book, I must have written them in one of my journals. I believe that was a mistake, therefore, this time I am responding to the questions by writing my answers in the book. Another mistake I made was not highlighting or underlining the key passages or phrases that I wanted to remember.

This time I am underlining or bracketing the phases I want to remember.Once a week, I will compose an entry in this blog about my progress. I will post my progress report either Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, which allows for any interruption in completing an exercise or my writing time during the next 40 days. Because my life has been so chaotic over the past 10 months,  I need to plan for interruption in anything I do.



Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9