Wednesday, October 09, 2013

An Autumn Morning in Las Vegas

the pink of dawn fades
as clouds change to white and gray
trashcans at the curb

It is Wednesday, October 9, 2013, and, as usual for this day of the week, I rose from the couch before dawn. I made coffee, took out the trash, switched the computers on, and logged into writing.com. I poured myself a cup of hot black coffee and looked out my living room window. I watched as dawn turned the clouds pink and then, after a few seconds, the clouds faded from pink to various colors of gray.

Las Vegas autumn
a chilly windy morning
oak leaves change colors

When I took the trash to the curb, I checked the neighbor's oak tree to see if the color of the leaves have changed. This morning, most of them are still green, but that will not last long. Soon the leaves will turn orange and begin to fall. The wind will blow the leaves across the yard and into the street or into other neighbors yards.

Las Vegas autumn
my favorite time of year
the weather is nice

Labels: , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9