Sunday, September 01, 2013

Welcome to September

Welcome to September,
a month to remember,
a month with 30 days,
so there must be at least 30 ways
to commemorate September.

How do I commemorate September 2013? I guess the best way to honor the ninth month of the Gregorian calendar is to write about all the events and history of sweltering month (at least in Las Vegas) is to write about them. One of the dates to remember is September 11, the question is “How am I going to commemorate this day?”

Should I write a poem about that day? Should I write an article about that date in history? I know that I can say a prayer for the departed and the survivors, but what else can I do on Wednesday, September 11. I have ten days to decide; however, if I write a blog entry I have to start noting down what I want to say on that day.

Perhaps I am making the planning part more difficult or involved then I need to. A simple poem or prayer written from the heart is all that may be necessary to remember the day and the First Responders. I do not believe I have written a poem dedicated to the First Responders. I will have to check my poems to see, but I think I would remember if I had written a poem with about First Responders.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9