Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tuesday Musings: August 27, 2013

Morning dishes washed
while fresh coffee brewed
and nightingales sang.

The birds singing outside my kitchen window sounded sweet and melodic, so I guess they were nightingales. I like the thought of them being nightingales even though I did not see which species of bird was singing. I know there is one or two pairs of nightingales nesting in the neighbor's oak tree.

A brisk morning breeze
blows through pine and oak trees
birds fly to their nest.

This morning when I took a bag of trash to the garage, I saw a couple of birds flying between the ground and a neighbor's oak tree. There are several oak, pine, and olive trees in this neighborhood. I think they were planted because they produce a large amount of shade during the hottest part of the day. The also appear to be good places for birds to build their nests.

Las Vegas Tuesday
cirrus clouds in the sky
with blue peeking through.

It is a beautiful partly cloudy morning, with the wind blowing through the trees. The sun shining through the clouds cast dark shadows across the pavement. It is a cool morning for late summer, which makes going outside pleasant. It is a beautiful day in Las Vegas.



Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9