Monday, August 19, 2013

It is not a blue Monday in Las Vegas

mostly cloudy day
sun peeks through a patch of blue
bright clouds reflect light

It is cooler this afternoon then it was last Monday afternoon. All day the clouds have covered the sky. This morning, pools of water stood in my driveway; they were leftovers from Sunday’s thunderstorms.

pools of rainwater
dry slowly on cloudy days
a slight breeze blowing

This morning a breeze blew through the neighbor’s olive and oak trees. The dead limb on the pine tree in my front yard remains attached to the tree. I have to find someone to cut the limb off or cut the tree down. At this point, the only thing I am worried about is finding the money for the next power bill.

humid summer days
remind me of Oklahoma
I prefer a dry heat

It is not a blue Monday in Las Vegas. I am not as depressed as normal. I have eaten a good breakfast and lunch. I have written three Haiku for this entry, all though I am not sure about the third haiku because of the syllable count.

Monday is not blue
all though blue patches shine through
the bright white cloud cover

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9