Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday's Haiku

cloudy morning skies
the promise of Friday rain
or a dreary day

When I picked up the paper this morning, I saw the crescent moon and Venus. As the morning progressed, the clouds became thicker concealing the blue sky and the sun. I have not checked the weather yet, so I do not know it it will rain in Las Vegas. I would like to see it rain because I planned to stay home and write.

raindrops fall from sky
without thunder's announcement
no lightning flashing

It is raining! I looked out my window and saw the raindrops gently falling. I did not hear thunder or see lightning, the rain slipped up when I was not looking. It is going to be a pleasant, cool Friday in Las Vegas. A day to stay home, catch up on some writing or other work, and watch the rain. I enjoy the rain when I can remain home doing work between watching the raindrops water the weeds in my yard.


Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9